The COVID-19 pandemic had made traveling virtually impossible with countless restrictions across domestic and international borders. Now, with restrictions relaxing and countries ramping up vaccination, travel is an option again. Want to go on a beautiful vacation with your loved ones and spend quality time in a place away from home? Yes, an essential prerequisite is a travel visa. Read on to find the documents necessary to secure a visa for international travel.
Documents required for travel
- Visa application form – Download the visa application form and fill in the correct information
- Passport – Your current passport with a minimum validity of six months
- Passport size photo – A recently clicked passport size photo that clearly shows your entire face
- Proof of residence – This could be any official document that acts as address proof – Aadhar card, electricity bill, driver’s license, etc.
- Proof of financial means – This is to verify that you the requisite funds to support yourself throughout your stay in the country in question. This could be your bank statement or a sponsorship letter
- Proof of profession – This could be a certificate from your employer, ITR (Income Tax Returns), or if you are a student, a no-objection certificate from your university
Additional Read: List of Countries to Travel without Visa from India
Things to know before you pack your bags
1. Do safety-focused research
Ensure that your destination is safe for travel. First, it should be safe for tourists to travel without fear of criminal activity. Second, the destination should ideally have a high COVID vaccination rate. If, say, it’s making news for the spread of a new variant, it would be a better idea to postpone your travel plans.
2. Get vaccinated
Given the ramifications of the pandemic, it is absolutely necessary for you to get vaccinated if you are planning to travel. You don’t want to be sick in a foreign land. What’s more, medical bills will most certainly shoot your total expenses, possibly hurting your bank balance to a large extent.
3. Get your finances in order
Travelling abroad certainly needs you to have enough money. Of course, you might not want to deplete all your savings on a vacation. For this purpose, many individuals prefer taking a personal loan for travel. It’s important to choose a reputed and transparent lender that offers quick disbursals for this purpose. You can start with checking your personal loan eligibilityonline with different lenders.
Additional Read: The Top Countries That Grant Visa on Arrival
The pandemic has made life difficult for us. And you deserve a break. Take a breather and travel worry-free to your destination with Tata Capital’s easy personal finance. With no collateral requirements and flexible repayment of loans, we make your dreams come true in just a few clicks!
Find the most competitive personal loan interest rates with a relaxed eligibility criteria at Tata Capital. Visit our website today and take step closer to your dreams with our customized loan products!