From shopping to beaches to luxury spas, Thailand offers an incredible variety of experiences. If you are planning a trip to Thailand, you can opt for an electronic visa on arrival (e-VOA). Here’s a guide to getting a Thailand visa for Indians.
Requirements for e-VOA Application
- The sole purpose of your visit must be tourism or a short stay for no longer than 15 days.
- The validity of your passport must not lapse within the next thirty days of arrival.
- You must provide verifiable proof of accommodation throughout your itinerary. If you intend to stay with your friends or relatives, furnish an invitation letter along with a copy of their passports/ID. If they aren’t Thai nationals, provide their working records in Thailand like a letter from a company they’re employed with or work permits.
- You must produce a confirmed return ticket out of Thailand that shows a round trip of 15 days. Else you might be denied.
- You must be carrying sufficient currency. A sum of 20,000 THB per family or 10,000 THB per person is the current requirement.
- An entry fee of two thousand THB is mandatory. It must be paid in cash, in Thai currency only.
Additional Read: What are the documents required to get travel visa?
Downloading your e-VOA
To access your Thailand visa on arrival online, visit the official Thailand e-VOA website and follow these steps.
- Complete the application form and attach your scanned documents.
- Pay the online fee of 2,000 THB.
- Download your pre-approved e-VOA.
Apart from paying for the flight tickets, tour packages, hotel bookings, getting a visa can also increase your travel expenses. If a shortage of funds is stopping you from planning your Thailand trip, you can get a personal loan for travel.
What to do after reaching Thailand?
When you arrive at any of the Thailand airports with the pre-approved E-VOA, visit the Visa on Arrival office in the immigration area. Now, enter the dedicated E-VOA lane. After you present your passport, you will receive the final immigration approval to enter Thailand.
Things to keep in mind while travelling to Thailand during a pandemic
- To ensure complete safety inside the aircraft, carry sanitiser with at least 60% alcohol and disinfectant spray. Sanitise surfaces such as your seat, armrests, mobile phone, handbag, toilet doorknob, etc., before using them.
- Besides donning a triple-layered face mask and a face shield while travelling, you can wear a PPE kit to avoid physical contact with co-passengers.
- Post-arrival in Thailand, greet people without physical contact and maintain social distancing at all times.
Additional Read: List of Countries to Travel without Visa from India
Sure, Thailand is currently not accepting visitors from India, but with Covid-19 cases dropping, there are talks of opening this beautiful country for Indians soon. Besides, if you’re financing your trip with a loan, check your personal loan eligibility before approaching the lender.
For hassle-free borrowing, choose Tata Capital. We extend collateral-free financing with flexible repayment options. Enjoy quick loan processing, minimal documentation requirements, and swift disbursal of funds.
Moreover, get competitive personal loan interest rates, starting at just 10.99%. Apply today.