If you put your vacation plans on hold due to the second COVID-19 wave in India, it’s time to pack your bags and head to the scenic Maldives. This nation is all set to open its borders for Indian tourists again from 15 July, 2021.
The Maldives government imposed a strict ban on tourism from India and several other South East Asian countries on 13 May, 2021. However, the country reversed this decision, considering the current drop in cases. So, here’s a guide to visiting the Maldives for a perfect island vacation.
List of requirements for a Maldives visa for Indians
- As was the case before, Indians are still eligible for a visa on arrival into the Maldives. You don’t need any pre-approval or application submission beforehand.
- Make sure the passport you carry has at least 1-month validity left from the date you wish to fly out of Maldives.
- You also need a confirmed resort or hotel booking to receive a visa on arrival. Don’t book a guesthouse, as the government has not yet permitted them to re-open. Therefore, stick to booking resorts and hotels for now.
- Lastly, carry copies of your return flight tickets. The airport authorities might check them before approving your visa on arrival.
Getting a Maldives visa for Indians is once again hassle-free. What’s more, tourists can request an extension if they want to stay longer without paying a fee.
Additional Read: Top 10 Luxurious Hotels in the Maldives for a Royal Holiday
COVID-19-related travel guidelines for tourists going to the Maldives
- The Maldives tourism ministry requires all international passengers to carry a negative RT-PCR report. You need to take the test no later than 96 hours from the time of departure.
- If you carry a negative RT-PCR test report, you won’t be institutionally quarantined upon arrival.
- If you show COVID-19 like symptoms, you will be required to undergo a PCR test and isolate yourself at a resort or a transit facility. If the PCR result is negative, you can leave the facility, and if not, the due course of treatment might follow.
- If you are travelling in a group, you have to quarantine even if one member turns out COVID-19 positive. During the quarantine period, the authorities will test every group member and isolate the positive ones to be treated.
Once in the Maldives, if you happen to make spontaneous plans, keep these guidelines in mind. And if you need financing assistance for your urgent requirements, you can always opt for a travel loan.
Additional Read: Is Maldives Safe to Travel? Here is What You Must Know
To sum up
Gear up for your much-awaited getaway and if you fall short on funds, get personal financefrom Tata Capital. Enjoy lucrative interest rates, flexible repayment terms, minimal documentation, and speedy processing on a personal loan for travel.
What’s more, you don’t have to visit one of our branches to file your application. You can apply online. Besides, you get easy loan eligibility, extended loan tenures, and collateral-free funds with us.
Before applying, evaluate your potential monthly instalments using our personal loan EMI calculator. So, what are you waiting for? Apply for travel financing with us and fly to the Maldives today!