An automobile brand owned by the
reputed Nissan Motor Company Ltd., Datsun
Datsun made its advent into the
Indian market in 2013. But, the brand was re-launched in 2014 with the Datsun Go variant in the hatchback
category. Nissan Motor Company Ltd.is a Japanese multinational automobile
manufacturer headquartered in Nishi-ku,
Yokohama. All the variants of Datsun cars were well-received by the Indian car
buyers. All the launches gained remarkable popularity among Indian customers due
to its price, quality, and advanced
features. The beauty of Datsun cars is it has an almost equal demand for its
new and pre-owned models. Below are the seven important facts you should know
about Datsun car models:
- Variants - Since its advent in the Indian car market, Datsun has launched three variants for the native roads - Datsun Go, Datsun Go+, and Datsun Redi-Go. Datsun Go and Datsun Redi-Go are the hatchback variants and Datsun Go+ is a compact family wagon.
- Design - All the variants of Datsun cars are designed to make heads turn. The exterior of Datsun Go and Datsun Redi-Go has an appealing robust body with strong defining lines and impressive wheel arches. The 3D shaped headlamps, striking front grille, bold and curvy fenders, with wide and well-curved shoulders give it an edge over other cars in this segment. On the other hand, Datsun Go+ has a modern and clean styling giving it a sleek and dynamic look. Distinctive headlamps, majestic D-cut grille, imposing front fenders, and wide deeply cured grand rear shoulders do give it an imposing look on the road. The common interior features of these cars are they have ample legroom and shoulder room, spacious boot, and comfortable seating for five to seven members, including many other modern features specific to each variant.
- Features - Datsun cars are loaded with advanced technology features such as mobile docking station on the dashboard to ease your access to music, hands-free calling, navigation apps and the like. It also has an Auxiliary and USB inputs. The cars are designed to give you a quiet drive by reducing the wind and driving noise, ergonomic seats for a relaxed drive, and 360⁰ air conditioning vents to keep you cool throughout your journey. It also has smart safety features such as Datsun Pro-Safe 7, follow me home auto-off headlamps, long range headlamps, smart meter, intelligent wiper system, digital display, and shift speed indicator.
- Performance - Datsun cars are fitted with 1.2-litre engines and are the largest in its class. It is inspired by the “perfect circle bore machining” from race car technology to give you an edge in power and torque. The variants give an impressive mileage of 20.6 km/l. Datsun cars are equipped with electronic accelerator pedals, speed-sensitive electric power steering, 5-speed manual transmission, ventilated disc brakes, advanced suspension system, and small turning radius.
- Specification - The specifications for each model of Datsun car varies slightly. However, the basic models include asemidrive computer, immobilizer, remote fuel lid and trunk release, accessory sockets, and car heater; whereas the top-end models will include power windows, central locking, dual tone interior, airbag, mobile docking station and front speakers, full wheel cover, and remote keyless entry.
- Accessories - You can always accessorise your Datsun car to add more comfort, style, safety, and entertainment. You can either pick an accessory pack or individual accessory to make your own style statement. The collection of accessory packs includes Essential Pack, Family Pack, Women Edition, Trendy Pack, and Sporty Pack.
- Price - Though price will vary among models, and your location of stay, Datsun variants are available from a price range of Rs. 2,38,900 onwards for Datsun Redi-Go, Rs. 3,29,745 onwards for Datsun Go, and Rs. 3,85, 154 onwards for Datsun Go+.
With an affordable price range and power packed features, Datsun cars are indeed a worthy buy!