If you have dreamt of studying abroad, one way to ensure that you achieve your dream is to consider international scholarships. Several organizations, universities, and government bodies offer such scholarships.
Here is a list of some of the best scholarships available to you.
1. Study in any international location
- British Council IELTS Scholarship Award is exclusively available for Indian students. If you have taken the IELTS exam, this scholarship is available for you to pursue an education at any level in any international English-speaking nation.
- If you are under 30 years old and want to pursue an undergraduate or post-graduate course in Europe or North America, you may apply for the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation scholarship.
2. Study in Asia
- The Indian government and A*Star Singapore offers grants for Indian researchers in the fields of technology and science.
- The HM King and HM Queen Scholarship is offered if you wish to pursue master’s level in engineering and technology, environment and development, or management at the Asian Institute of Technology.
Additional Read: Things to Know Before Availing an Education Loan for Studies in India
3. Study in the USA
- The Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowships is for exceptional Indian students who wish to pursue study at any level at an accredited US institution.
- The Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships is a scholarship for Indian students and helps in financing the MBA program at Stanford Graduate School of Business.
4. Study in Australia
- You may apply for a full-tuition international scholarship to study for Master’s or undergraduate degree in Business, Economics, or Law at the Queensland University.
- The Global Leaders Scholarships include ten scholarships for Indian students who wish to pursue certain applicable business-associated post-graduate programs.
Although several scholarships are available, it is important that you do not rely on these as grants are not assured. To secure admission in your dream university, it is recommended that you consider education loans offered by financial institutes. Here are four steps you must follow to apply for such loans.
- Finalize the college and course you want to pursue. You should evaluate the different options on the basis of placement, alumni network, reputation, and average salaries.
- Next, analyze the fee structure and other expenses you will incur to complete your studies. This is also beneficial in determining the education loan amount you would need to finish your course.
- Before applying for the loan, determine the amount available to you and your co-applicants (in most cases, co-applicants would be your parents).
- Finally, check the personal loan eligibility and documents required to complete your application.
Additional Read: Facts you need to know about Education Loan
Even when you receive a scholarship, you need to remember that you will still require money to pursue an education abroad. You may consider a personal loan to meet expenses like books, food, and accommodation.
Most financial institutions provide such loans without collateral. The entire process is quick and hassle-free with minimal documentation requirements. However, because institutions offer personal loans without security, they levy a higher rate of interest. It is important that you consider and evaluate all your options to ensure you make the right decision.