For those of you eagerly waiting to visit the beautiful country of Canada, there’s some good news! The Government of Canada is lifting its travel ban on Indian tourists, albeit with certain regulations.
However, you still need to apply for a visitor visa and adhere to stringent COVID-19 guidelines to make the trip.
How to apply for visitor visa to Canada?
Canada has two types of tourist or visitor visas. They are:
Single-entry visitor visa
If you wish to enter and exit Canada only once, within 6 months, opt for this type of tourist visa.
Double-entry visitor visa
If you wish to enter and exit Canada multiple times over several years, opt for this type of tourist visa. A double-entry visitor visa is a multi-entry visa, typically awarded for 10 years or till 1 month before your passport’s expiry date (whichever comes first).
Once you’ve decided on the type of visitor visa you want, here are the steps involved to apply for a Canada tourist visa:
Step 1 – Fill out the online visa application form. You can get one on the VFS, Canada visa website. You will be made to fill out the visitor visa form on the Government of Canada website only. Pay the visa fee towards the final stages of filling out the application.
Step 2 – Book your appointment with the nearest visa application centre.Once you fill out the application and pay the fees, return to the VFS website and book the appointment. After your appointment is confirmed, you will receive a letter. Print it and keep it with other paperwork.
Step 3 – On the day of your appointment, an official will collect all relevant documents, along with your biometric information, such as fingerprints.
Step 4 – Once you’ve submitted your application, you’ll receive a unique tracking number.
Step 5 – Use the tracking number to know when your passport is ready for collection.
Additional Read: Study in Canada: Student VISA and Immigration Guide for Canada
Documents required for a Canadian tourist visa
- Latest bank statements to prove you have enough funds to sustain your stay in Canada. If you’re falling short, use a personal loan for travel.
- A valid passport with an expiry date later than 6 months
- You must be fully vaccinated and received your second dose at least 14 days before entering Canada. Following vaccines are accepted by the Canadian Government:
- Pfizer-BioNTech Comirnaty (tozinameran, BNT162b2)
- Moderna Spikevax (mRNA-1273)
- AstraZeneca Vaxzevria/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, AZD1222)
- Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
- Copy of return flight tickets
- An affidavit or invitation letter from your friends or relatives if you’re staying with them
- 2 recent passport-sized photos
Additional Read: How to Plan for a Higher Education Abroad
Now that you know how to get tourist visa for Canada, you can start gathering the paperwork, and more importantly, the funds for your trip. A rather popular way to ensure you have ample funds for travel without denting your savings is by taking a personal or travel loan.
At Tata Capital, avail of this loan at flexible repayment tenure and minimal paperwork. We also ensure speedy application processing and fund disbursal.
So, why wait any longer? Finance your Canadian trip with us and get affordable personal loan interest rates right away!