Considering the rising property prices, people feel that it can be very challenging to own a home in Maharashtra. However, there are various affordable home options in the state under various government schemes. City & Industrial Development Corporation of Maharashtra Limited (CIDCO) is the town planning agency of the government of Maharashtra. CIDCO aims to promote affordable homes to enhance the living standard of the citizens of Maharashtra. Every year, it sells homes at subsidised rates through a lottery system.
CIDCO Lottery Scheme, 2022
CIDCO is a government agency for developing sustainable and planned housing. CIDCO housing scheme is under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) supporting the government’s objective of providing affordable housing to the lower-income groups and economically weaker sections of society. As a town planning agency, CIDCO is better positioned to offer housing options that are well planned and sustainable. The agency has expertise in providing housing units that enhance the quality of life of people living in urban areas. Every year the agency launches its lottery schemes to allocate the limited number of affordable houses through the lottery system.
The CIDCO lottery 2022 scheme will follow the yearly schedule from 2022 to 2023 as the agency follows a financial year schedule. The CIDCO Lottery 2022 is a housing scheme that sells 94000-housing units for the economically weaker section and the general category in places like Taloja, Bamandongri, Juinagar, Kharghar, Panvel, Kharkopar, and Kalamboli. The scheme will provide easy access to Navi Mumbai’s physical and social infrastructure. It will provide connectivity to the Mumbai-Pune expressway and CIDCO’s metro project. The scheme is likely to be announced soon and is primarily for economically weaker sections and lower-income groups. This article provides an overview of the online registration for the scheme, flat prices, and expected schedule.
Steps for Registering under CIDCO Lottery Scheme 2022
The scheme aims to provide around 94,000 housing units with registration under the Maharashtra Real Estate Regulatory Authority (MahaRera). Applying for the CIDCO lottery is very simple as the whole process is simple with minimal paperwork. The applicants can register online for the CIDCO lottery scheme 2022. The applicants can register online for the CIDCO lottery scheme 2022. The process to apply for CIDCO 2022 is expected to be similar to its previous versions as outlined below:
- Visit the official CIDCO site or download its android app from Google playstore. There is a link for applying for the scheme available on the official website.
- Click on the ‘Register for lottery’ tab for the online registration for the lottery.
- As you click, an application form will open where you would be required to fill in the details such as username, current address, PAN details, Aadhaar number, contact details, and bank account details. You need to fill in the details and scan the copies of the supporting proofs.
- You would be required to submit soft copies of the required documents.
- Once you fill in your details, review the application to ensure there are no errors.
- Click ‘Submit’ once you review your application.
- After filling out the application, you are required to make the payment of the security amount. The registration fee is Rs.5,000 for the EWS category and Rs.25,000 for the LIG category. The payment can be made through – online banking or credit/debit cards. You can also avail loan for applying as well as making final payment in case of allocation from the eligible financial institutions.
Once you have filled out the form for the lottery, you need to wait for the lottery results. Overall, the total number of applications is usually 3 to 4 times the number of houses available. You need to log in and check for results based on your scheme code and category. In case you don’t get any house in the lottery, your money will be refunded by direct credit in your bank account. And if you are lucky and have your name in the results, then you need to pay the balance amount as per the schedule shared by CIDCO to own a home in Navi Mumbai.
The scheme aims to provide affordable housing for the economically weaker and lower-income groups. According to the data released by the corporation, the number of flats, their size and price are mentioned in the table below: –
|Category||Number of flats||Carpet Area||Price|
|EWS||53,000||25.81 sq m||Rs 18 lacs|
|LIG||41,000||29.82 sq m||Rs 25 lacs|
The above table illustrates that the flat price for the EWS category for 25.81 square metres is Rs 18 lacs. In comparison, the price of a LIG flat for an area of 29.80 square metres is Rs 25 lacs.
The purpose of the CIDCO lottery 2022 is to provide housing at economical rates to low-income families. CIDCO has developed a set of eligibility criteria in order to ensure it can meet its primary objective of providing affordable housing to vulnerable segments of society. The eligibility criteria for the CIDCO lottery 2022 are:
- The first criteria to apply for this scheme is that you should be a citizen of the state of Maharashtra. You must present a domicile certificate reflecting that you have lived in the state for the past 15 years.
- The applicants falling in EWS (economically weaker section) and LIG (Lower-income group) category are only eligible to apply for this housing scheme.
- The income limit for the EWS category is less than Rs 25000 per month. For the LIG category, the applicant should have a monthly income between Rs 25,000 to Rs 50,000. You would be required to present proof of income.
The following documents are required to apply for CIDCO Lottery: Aadhaar card, domicile certificate, income proof certificate, and pan card. One must keep these documents handy while filling out the application form.
The financial year for CIDCO commences in April 2022, and the dates for CIDCO 2022-2023 have not been released till now. In January, CIDCO launched a mass housing scheme and is planning to announce CIDCO lottery 2022 in the coming months. CIDCO 2021-2022 was announced in August 2021. The following table shows the dates for the CIDCO lottery 2021-2022:
|Registration||15th August 2021 to 21st October 2021|
|Edit registration form||15th August 2021 to 21st October 2021|
|Submission of Application||16th August 2021 to 21st October 2021|
|Online Payments||16th August 2021 to 22nd October 2021|
|RTGS NEFT Challan generation||16th August 2021 to 22nd October 2021|
|RTGS NEFT payment||16th August 2021 to 22nd October 2021|
|Provincial List of accepted applications||26th October 2021|
|Accepted applications||28th October 2021|
|Lottery draw||29th October 2021|
|List of winners||29th October 2021|
|Refunds||9th November 2021|
It can be observed from the table that the whole process takes around 2.5 months, which is not a very long period to own an affordable house.
So, if you are living in a rented home in Maharashtra and looking to own a home in the state, you can buy an affordable home under the CIDCO lottery 2022. You can avail loans from Tata Capital to apply for CIDCO lottery 2022. Keep checking their website for more updates on the scheme for applying under EWS or LIG category in the Navi Mumbai region. To know about the home loan offering for applying in CIDCO lottery 2022 please visit Tata Capital website here.