Singapore has emerged as a top-ranking study destination today for many aspiring students. And rightly so! Singapore’s education system is considered Asia’s finest, and the country is home to some of the renowned universities in the world.
Are you aspiring to study in Singapore? Wondering what the various Singapore study visa requirements for Indian students are?Here’s a comprehensive guide to obtaining a study visa from Singapore.
What is a study visa for Singapore?
Once you receive an acceptance letter from a higher education institute in Singapore, you need to apply for a Singapore study visa,also referred to as the Student Pass. As an international student wanting to study in Singapore, a student pass will grant you entry for full-time study courses lasting for more than 30 days.
Additional Read – Studying Abroad in Singapore
The Singapore government has a specialised registration system called the SOLAR – Student’s Online Application Registration system to ensure a simpler application process. It officially monitors the students’ visa applications. Institutes in Singapore register the Student Pass for Indian applications to the Singapore immigration and checkpoint Authority (ICA).
You can easily apply online for a student visa for Singapore from Indiaby paying a non-refundable processing fee of S$30 for the application. The complete application process is as below-
- Once you secure an admission letter, the college registers you through SOLAR with your personal information and course details.
- You will receive an application reference number which you can use to start the application process.
- Log in to SOLAR to submit the eForm 16 by filling in the required details.
- Upload a passport size photograph and other necessary documents.
- Pay the application fee.
The visa application is usually processed within ten days. You can apply for the visa at least two months before the commencement of your course. Additionally, students above the age of 20 are required to sit for an interview.
- A current passport, valid for at least 3 months beyond your stay in Singapore
- An official offer letter issued by the Institute of higher learning in Singapore
- All completed student visa application forms (Form 16 and Form V36)
- Application fee receipt
- Banks statements as proof of financial sources
- Academic records- Transcripts, certificates, or degrees
- Bank loan sanction letter (If applicable)
- Required test scores such as TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc.
- Documents representing how you will bear the living costs in Singapore
- Vaccination certificates
The document requirement may also vary according to the university. Furthermore, you may also need to submit additional documents on request for your interview.
If you’re looking to fund your studies in Singapore, you can use an education loan.
Additional Read –5 More Things to Consider Before You Opt for Education Overseas
Planning to study in Singapore?
Then don’t let the lack of finance compromise your dreams! Tata Capital is here to offer you a quick and affordable personal loanto help you make the most of opportunities. Apply online for a multipurpose personal loan of up to Rs. 25 lakhs at competitive interest rates.
With easy-to-meet personal loan eligibility and swift processing, enjoy a hassle-free loan with us.
Contact today to know more.