If you are planning to study abroad, you must appear for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). IELTS, a widely accepted test, assesses your English language skills. The exam is held all year round in over 1600 locations in 140 countries.
In this article, we offer stepwise guidelines and tips to register for IELTS.
Things to know before registration
Before you begin the registration, visit the IELTS website and understand the different types of IELTS exam. Check out the list of available exam centres, their address and contact details and whether they offer a computer-based or paper-based exam.
The British Council and IDP offer IELTS. You can register with either institution for your exam.
The exam fee is substantial; hence it is vital to confirm all the website details before registering. Another tip would be to check out your education loan terms to see if it covers the exam fee.
Additional Read: How to Plan for a Higher Education Abroad
Registration process for IELTS through IDP website
- Visit the IDP website and enter your IELTS exam type, examination mode, and city.
- Select the exam date and time slot. Confirm the exam details and fee and click on ‘Book Now’.
- Fill in name, contact details, etc. and select ‘Proceed.’
- Fill in other details of the registration form and submit.
- Next, upload your ID proof and other required documents.
- Review all the information and make the payment. Your registration is complete.
Registration process of IELTS through British Council website
- Select your preferred IELTS exam on the IELTS British Council website.
- Select your country, whether you would need any special arrangements and the test month. Once done, click on ‘Choose location’.
- Select your preferred location and click on ‘Search for tests’.
- Select the exam date, exam centre and the test start time.
- Confirm all the exam and fee details and note the exam day time table.
- Next, click on ‘Choose Speaking test’ to choose your speaking test details.
- Select its location, preferred date and time.
- Confirm the details and sign in/or sign up.
- Make the payment. Your registration is complete.
Offline registration process
You can also opt for an offline IELTS examination registration process. Here are the steps:
- Visit the IELTS website and download the application form. You can also visit your nearest IELTS centre for the same.
- Fill in the application form, attach the necessary documents, and submit it at the centre along with the exam fee.
This article should clarify the IELTS exam registration process. You can visit the IELTS website or your nearest exam centre for more details.
Additional Read: The Best Scholarships for Indian Students
Study abroad with Tata Capital loans
Don’t let a shortage of funds put a hold on your plans to study overseas. Avail a personal loan with Tata Capital, with attractive interest rates starting at 10.99%. We offer a flexible tenure of up to six years, a loan amount of up to Rs. 25 lakhs, easy personal loan eligibility, and zero collateral.
Visit the Tata Capital website for more details.