Click the "Allow" button to receive notification
We're constantly crafting offers and deals for you. Get them delivered straight to your device through website notifications.All You Have To Do Is Click On "Allow".
To avail the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, one must meet the following eligibility criteria –
The annual household income of the beneficiary must meet the criteria defined for the various categories as mentioned in the table below. One is eligible to avail the PMAY subsidy scheme provided they fall under any one of the four categories – Economically Weaker Section or EWS, Lower Income Group or LIG, Middle Income Group or MIG I, and Middle Income Group II or MIG II.
The beneficiary or any other member of the beneficiary family must not own any pucca house in any part of the country.
The beneficiary or any other member from the beneficiary’s family must not have availed subsidy under the CLSS scheme.
The borrower’s family must have at least one female member appointed as the owner or co-owner of the property (applicable only for the EWS and LIG categories
The carpet area of the property must be within the limits specified for the various categories, as mentioned in the table below.
|Category;||Annual Household Income (in Rs.)||Carpet Area (in square metres)||Female Ownership or Co-Ownership|
|EWS||Upto 3 lakhs||Must not exceed 30 sq. mts.||Mandatory|
|LIG||3 lakhs – 6 lakhs||Must not exceed 60 sq. mts.||Mandatory|
|MIG I||6 lakhs – 12 lakhs||Must not exceed 160 sq. mts.||Optional|
|MIG II||12 lakhs – 18 lakhs||Must not exceed 200 sq. mts.||Optional|
To avail the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, the following documents are required –
An applicant must meet PMAY eligibility to avail the scheme. The following are the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana eligibility criteria –
· The applicant or any other family member of their household must not own a ‘pucca’ house anywhere across India
· The applicant’s annual household income must fall within any of the four beneficiary categories
· The applicant or any other family member must not have availed central assistance under any housing scheme
· The carpet area of the chosen property must meet the prescribed specifications for the respective category of the applicant
The following are the different beneficiary categories under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana –
· Economically Weaker Section (EWS) – interest subsidy @6.5% up to a maximum loan amount of Rs. 6 lakhs
· Lower Income Group (LIG) – Interest subsidy @6.5% for a maximum loan amount of Rs. 6 lakhs
· Middle Income Group I (MIG I) – Interest subsidy @4% for a maximum loan amount of Rs. 9 lakhs
· Middle Income Group II (MIG II) – Interest subsidy @3% for a maximum loan amount of Rs. 12 lakhs
Yes, an NRI is eligible to avail PMAY subsidy provided they meet all the PMAY eligibility criteria as prescribed by the government.
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana documents required are as follows –
· Age proof documents
· Affidavit or self-declaration form, which proves that the applicant or their family does not own a ‘pucca’ house in the country
· In case of property under construction, declaration for the same
· Identity proof documents
· Copy of address proof documents
· Salary proof documents
· Income proof documents
· Existing loan details
· Processing fee cheque
· NOC from a relevant authority figure of any housing society
Yes, Aadhaar Card Details are mandatory for PMAY. All applicants in the loan contract willing to avail benefit under PMAY Scheme must produce their Aadhar card details. If any applicant or co-applicant is married, Aadhar details of the spouse are also mandatory.
The PMAY self-declaration form or affidavit is a form which acts as a proof that the applicant meets all eligibility criteria for availing the scheme. The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana self-declaration form confirms that an applicant or any of their family members does not own any ‘pucca’ house in the country, has not availed central assistance under any housing scheme, and so on.
No, PMAY (Urban) benefits can be extended only to towns/villages/cities that appear on the list of statutory towns as per Census 2011 and towns notified subsequently, including planning area provided by NHB.
Since no residential property is owned, PMAY benefits can be availed by the beneficiary family subject to fulfillment of Income and Property Area criteria.
No, you will not be eligible to avail the benefits of PMAY scheme in such a case. This is because one of the basic PMAY eligibility criteria is that the applicant or anyone from their household must not own a ‘pucca house’ anywhere across the country.
Click the ‘Continue’ button to proceed