We only do what's right for you.
Mr. Janki Ballabh joined the State Bank of India in July 1966 and served in several important positions which included assignments at the New York Branch of the Bank, Chief Executive Officer of the Bank's Branch at Singapore, Chief General Manager (Product Development, Marketing and Personal Banking) at the Corporate Office and Deputy Managing Director and Group Executive (International Banking), before taking over as Chairman, State Bank Group in November 1, 2000. Besides heading the State Bank of India, Shri Ballabh was also the chairman of the Seven Associate Banks of the State Bank of India, 4 banking subsidiaries of the Bank abroad and seven non-banking subsidiaries of the Bank in India. On retirement from State Bank of India, Shri Ballabh was appointed by the President of India as Vigilance Commissioner in the Central Vigilance Commission, New Delhi for 3 years from November 2002 to October 2005. Shri Ballabh worked as Chairman, Reserve Bank of India Services Board from 8th December 2005 to 23rd October 2007. He also serves as the Director on the Boards of various Tata companies as an Independent Director.
- We choose to put our customers' interest above ours and fulfill their needs first.
- We choose to use our expertise to get the best results for our customers.
- We choose to innovate and come up with new ways to fulfill our customers' needs.
- We choose to make promises we can keep, and keep the ones we have made.
- We choose to believe that we enrich our customers and not just make them rich.
- We choose to humble and courteous with everyone who walks through our doors.
- We choose to respect our customers and colleagues and in turn gain their respect.
- We choose to earn our stakeholders' trust and not just expect it.
- We choose to let not just our expertise but also our conscience lead us.
- We believe our choices make us who we are.
- We choose to only do what is right. And nothing less.