The Tata Opportunities Fund (TOF) is a third party private equity fund which invests in select Tata group entities as well as other independent Indian businesses. TOF's investees benefit both from its capital as well as from access to the Tata group's global reach and wide ranging long established industry presence. The fund is sector and stage agnostic and invests in both minority and control deals. TOF completed the final close of its latest fund in 2013 with commitments of ~US$ 600 million from a select list of marquee global investors.
The Fund - which has a medium to long term investment horizon and is backed by a team of professionals with a mix of investment and operational experience, can invest through a mix of growth capital and buy-out strategies with typical deals in the range of US$ 30 - 200 million. For larger deals, the Fund has the capability to mobilise larger amounts by way of co-investments from its investors.
The Fund seeks to draw on Tata's strong track record of generating substantial returns for its shareholders, which is perhaps unmatched in the Indian context.
Interview with Honourable Minister of State for Finance Jayant Sinha.
To view the complete video, click on the video
Fund in the news
- Financial Inclusion Platform Fincare Closes INR 500 Crore Transaction Know more
- An interview with Mr Vinayak Deshpande, MD - Tata Projects Know more
- Tata Opportunities Fund Invests in Uber Technologies Inc. Know more
- Tata Opportunities Fund invests USD 55mn in Tata Projects Know more
- TVS Logistics partners with Tata Opportunities Fund to acquire DIESL Know more
- Tata Opportunities Fund invests USD 80mn in Shriram Properties Know more
- Tata Opportunities Fund makes investment in the Varroc Group Know more
- Tata Opportunities Fund to buy 5% stake in Tata Sky Know more
- Tata Capital Fund raises $600-mn pledge from foreign investors Know more
Portfolio News & Articles
- More than growth
Private Equity International - June 2014