India focused growth capital fund: Tata Capital Growth Fund (TCGF or the Fund) is a US$ 240 million private equity fund which manages third party capital raised from investors globally. The Fund targets growth capital investments in companies that derive a substantial portion of their revenues from operations in India.
Focus areas & typical deal size: TCGF targets investments around the themes of Urbanization, Discrete Manufacturing and Strategic Services. The Fund invests between US$ 10 million and US$ 35 million per transaction and primarily holds significant minority stakes in its portfolio companies.
Key drivers of TCGF's success are its ability to identify future market leaders, superior diligence, operational value add and emphasis on governance. TCGF has invested in 9 companies, 6 of them are among the top 2 players in their respective sectors. TCGF has also made 3 exits with good returns.
Social impact: Several portfolio companies of TCGF have had positive social impact (e.g. Home First Finance Company in affordable housing finance, Star Health in affordable health insurance, Janalakshmi Financial Services in microfinance, Nearex in digital financial inclusion and AESPL in women employment).
Tata Capital Private Equity has engaged CAMS - a professionally managed, institutionally owned and SEBI regulated IT services solution partner to provide investor related accounting services.
To log in to your CAMS Online Account, click here
Fund in the news
- True North Looks to Buy Major Stake in Home First Finance for Rs 600 cr Know more
- Tata Capital Growth Fund joins Japan's Igarashi to buy Agile Electric from Blackstone Know more
- Tata Capital Growth Fund LP leads Series B Investment in Nearex Pte. Ltd Know more
- Tata Capital Growth Fund buys 14 per cent stake in Star Health & Allied Insurance Company Know more
- Janalakshmi Financial Services raises equity funding of Rs. 325 Cr Know more
- Tata Tech to get Rs 141 crore equity funding Know more
Portfolio News & Articles
- Janalakshmi Financial Services raises Rs 1,030 crore from TPG, Treeline and new investors Know more
- Tesla strikes supply deal with Igarashi Motors for Falcon Wing door parts Know more
- Nearex among 30 fastest growing companies in Asia in 2017 as per The Silicon Review Know more
- Nearex selected as a 2016 Red Herring Top 100 Asia Company Know more
- TPG leads $210-million funding in Janalakshmi Financial Services Know more