If you have just entered the world of mutual funds(MF), you might come across different terms like dynamic asset allocation that can seem daunting at first. But fret not! These concepts are much easier to understand when broken down. So, let’s dig deeper and find out how these funds work and their purpose in an investment portfolio.
Understanding dynamic asset allocation funds
If you are a first-time investor, you must know that the 2 key aspects of investing are – how to grow your capital and how to protect it. As you know, plenty of investment options are available in the market that cater to these requirements. All these investment tools come with different levels of risk and return potential.
Dynamic asset allocation is a portfolio management strategy that helps adjust the different asset classes according to the market conditions. Further, dynamic asset allocation funds (DAAF) are hybrid or balanced funds spread across various sectors. Most funds under this category are invested across different sectors like equity, stocks, real estate and bonds. So, if the market slows down due to recession, these funds are the recourse meant for all consumers despite the risk threshold.
The dynamic nature of these funds makes them suitable in an uncertain market because the investments are widely distributed.
Additional Read – 4 Ws of Balanced Advantage Funds
Benefits of dynamic asset allocation funds
There are several advantages of investing in dynamic asset allocation mutual funds, such as:
- These funds can resist the bearish pull of a market during a recession. And since these funds are highly diversified, there are fewer chances of making a loss at the end of the tenure.
- These funds give you the benefit of investing in both high-risk equity markets and the relatively placid bond and real estate markets.
- A DAAF is suitable for all kinds of investors with different risk profiles, as it gives you a chance to invest in equities without too much risk. Hence, you can stay invested in equities during the ups and downs of the market.
Best dynamic asset allocation funds in the market
Here are some of the best performing dynamic asset allocation funds in the market:
- ICICI Prudential Small cap Fund
- Edelweiss Balanced Advantage Fund Direct Growth
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Balanced Advantage Fund
- HDFC Balanced Advantage Fund
- Axis Dynamic Equity Fund
Additional Read – Should You Invest in Balanced Advantage Fund Now?
Should you invest in DAAF?
If you are looking for MFs that allow you to participate in the long-term growth potential of equities with much lower volatility, consider investing in DAAFs. These funds are not only tax efficient but also cost-efficient asset allocation solutions. Therefore, these funds are suitable for you if you want to remain at an advantage despite the rising and falling of equity markets.
Still hesitant to take the first step of your investment journey? Fret not! Tata Capital’s Moneyfy app can make your job easier and is the perfect investment guide. You can choose the ideal funds based on your financial requirements, risk appetite and investment objectives. So, download the app today and put your money to work!