It’s impossible to deny the importance of a driving license. Without one, you cannot drive! Different states in India have a diverse set of rules and eligibility criteria before they hand you this precious document.
So, if you live in Maharashtra, you’ll have to adhere to the driving license norms set out by the State’s transport department. However, the good thing here is that you can apply for a driving license online in Maharashtra. How? Keep reading to find out!
Steps to apply for a driving license in Maharashtra
- Start by visiting the official website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- Once you reach the home page, click on the tab that says ‘driving license’ and download application form number 4 for a new permanent driving license.
- Fill up the form and attach soft copies of the required supporting documents.
- After submitting, you’ll receive a unique application number along with a successful submission notification.
- Once you’ve registered your application with the portal, proceed towards booking an appointment. This must be done separately but from the same website.
- Here’s how you can book your driving license appointment: Go back to the official home page, and click on the tab that says ‘Appointment for slot booking’. After clicking on this, another short form will appear where you can input your details and select a suitable date and time for your driving test.
- After booking the test appointment, simply show up at the RTO at the exact date and time with original documents.
- After you pass the test, you’ll receive your driving license from the RTO. This license will reach your residential address by post.
Additional Read – How to Get a Driving License in India?
Eligibility criteria for applying for a driving license in Maharashtra
Now that you know how to apply for a driving license online in Maharashtra don’t log into the relevant website just yet. First, check whether you adhere to their eligibility criteria by reading the following requirements.
- Before applying for a permanent driving license, you should first have a learner’s license.
- You can apply for a permanent driving license only after 30 days of getting a learner’s license, but no later than 180 days of the issuance of your learner’s permit.
- You can apply for a two-wheeler driving license for vehicles with an engine capacity of no more than 50 cc at a minimum of 16 years of age.
- The minimum age for applying for a four-wheeler license in Maharashtra is 20 years.
Often young adults want to get a license, but they or their parents don’t want to purchase a brand-new car for them. But, they don’t mind buying a second-hand vehicle given that they are cheaper, and used-car loans are quite affordable these days.
Additional Read – How to Get a Driving License for Car in India?
The bottom line
Do you already have a license and now want to purchase a second-hand car? Apply for finance at Tata Capital. You’ll find that our loans come at affordable used-car loan interest rates with relaxed eligibility criteria, flexible repayment terms, and speedy processing.
What’s more, you can apply for this loan from any location by visiting our website. So, what are you waiting for? Check our minimal paperwork requirement, calculate your potential EMIs using our online used-car loan EMI calculator, and file your application with us today!