The hatchback vs sedan vs SUV debate still rages on, with many detractors and supporters on all sides. Sedans are stylish and a symbol of wealth and status, SUVs symbolize a sporty, adventurous outlook, while hatchbacks are compact and a practical person’s treasure, perfect for the logjam that is Indian roads.
If you’re planning to buy used cars, which makes for the best bet? Hatchback,sedan or SUV: which is better in India? Let’s find out.
- Nothing screams practicality like a hatchback. Its compact build makes it perfect for manoeuvring crammed roads and parking in tight spaces. This is the key difference between a hatchback and a sedan or SUV.
- The rear seats of a hatchback can be folded down completely or in a 60:40 ratio to increase the trunk space and allow the storage of more luggage.
- Hatchbacks are beautifully designed, offering all the grandeur of classic station wagons with none of its clumsiness. These neat cars come in all sorts of dashing colours, modern designs, and sleek looks.
- The resale value of hatchbacks is high because they are a lot more durable.
- Hatchbacks are typically more fuel-efficient than sedans and SUVs.
- The trunk of a hatchback is directly joined to the rear seats, and the rear window gives a clear view into the back seats. This may seem like an invasion of privacy to many.
- Let us be honest: a hatchback is an everyday car. Hatchbacks are just not as classy as sedans.
- Hatchbacks are not as powerful as SUVs as they are only two-wheel drives.
- They do not have very spacious interiors, though that’s changing now.
- One significant difference between SUVs and sedans is that sedans are more fuel-efficient than SUVs.
- They have spacious interiors and allow five well-built adults to sit comfortably without squishing each other.
- Sedans have modern designs and have the best safety and security features among all three types of cars.
- The insurance premium is much lower for sedans as compared to hatchbacks.
- Sedans are much less fuel-efficient than hatchbacks.
- They are not considered ideal for urban settings. This is because the size inhibits manoeuvrability.
- Sedans also necessitate large parking spaces, which are quite rare in Indian cities.
- Another difference between a sedan and an SUV is that the former is much less spacious.
- SUVs are family cars. They are very, very roomy. You can fit six to seven adults quite comfortably in an SUV.
- SUVs are perfect for off-road driving, driving on untarred roads, potholes, mud and rural roads due to their powerful engines and four-wheel drive. They are the best companion for long road trips and cross-country travel.
- SUVs are built to withstand harsh conditions. It is much easier to drive this type of vehicle in inclement weather like rain or snow.
- SUVs are not fuel-efficient at all.
- Since they consume the most fuel, they emit the highest amount of pollution among all three car variants.
So, which type of used car is the best?
The winner, quite plainly, is the hatchback. It is the most practical option for Indian urban settings and is stylish as well. Due to its superior durability and higher resale value, it is also an ideal purchase as a second-hand car.
The bottom line
It is significantly easy to buy second-hand cars with a variety of used car finance options like used car loans in India. Thus, you should definitely buy used cars if you’re looking for an affordable route to owning your car.
Tata Capital’s used car loan is the best choice when you are planning to buy second-hand cars or used cars. Loan amounts from Tata Capital range from Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 50,00,000, and are available for a time period of 12 months to 60 months. You can avail of pre-owned car loans at an attractive interest rate of 12.5%. This second-hand car loan is immediately processed and has versatile EMI choices and tenures. You can also calculate your EMI in advance using our handy EMI calculator tool.
So, what are you waiting for? Head over to our website to learn more about our attractive loan offerings and apply online today!