While solo travelling might sound like an intimidating prospect, anyone who has been initiated into it will testify for its wonderful joys. There is arguably nothing more liberating than globe-trotting solely on your terms. And if the destination happens to be Europe, the possibilities are endless. Be it preserves of natural beauty, historical grandeur or cultural diversity; the continent has it all. Here is a complete Europe travel guide for the solo traveller.
Places to Visit in Europe
There are way too many best places to visit in Europe vying for attention in our list, but we have assembled the top picks for you:
- Paris– This is one city you’ll love to devour at your own pace, be it wandering down the Champs-Elysees, soaking in the colours of the stained glass at Saint Chapelle or losing yourself in the halls of the Louvre.
- Stockholm– The free walking tours here are exactly what solo travellers need to take in the artistic vibe of the city. You can choose to cruise in water taxis to explore all the 14 islands as well. Even the subway stations are attractions in themselves.
- Bruges– Situated in Belgium, its compact layout makes it ideal for a solo traveller to indulge in this Belgian city’s fairy-tale feels. The views of Market Square, Minnewater and Begijnhof Gardens are sure to stay with you forever.
- Edinburgh– Solo travelling is all about meeting new people, and Edinburgh’s festival circuit is the perfect mixing ground for it. Be it traditional ones like the Edinburgh Festival Fringe or the more contemporary Jazz and Blues Festival, the city’s festivals attract milling crowds of travellers.
- London– The city’s state-of-the-art transport services make exploring on your own that much more convenient. Thanks to the excellent London Underground, you can even take day trips to Windsor Castle or the Warner Bros. Studio.
Following are some of the top travel tips-Europe edition, for solo travellers:
- Booking your train tickets early would save you money. You could also check out the regional trains, which sometimes cost less than an Eurail pass.
- Try hub and spoke travel i.e. choose to stay in one place as you make trips to nearby locations. It is not just less expensive but also lets you soak in the local flavours and make connections.
- Taking night trains will save you precious time, and money. Alternatively, you can plan to spend less time in certain places to make up for longer stays in places that excite you more.
- If safety is a concern, you can consider taking on one of the many tour packages Europe has to offer. Being with a group of people will also allay any possible feelings of loneliness.
Financing your Solo Europe Trip
If looking for a personal loan that will take you places, Tata Capital would be your ideal stop. Its personal loan for travel makes sure that money is the last of your worries if you plan on travelling solo. With a short approval time, no need for collateral, minimal paperwork and flexible repayment; this is the ideal travel loan that fits all needs. Apply for a personal loan with Tata Capital now and have your travel funds deposited in the bank within a few days. All you need to do is plan your solo trip & search for exciting tour packages for Europe.