Quality healthcare is still out of reach of countless rural Indians due to the high costs of pharmaceutical drugs. This makes them vulnerable to several diseases that are otherwise easily curable. To ensure affordable access to medicines and other medical supplies for the rural population, the Government of India introduced Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana in 2015.
What is the Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra?
This scheme aims to make medicines, surgical supplies, and medical equipment more easily accessible for all. The Pradhanmantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra extends pharmaceutical help through its 6500 PM-JAY Kendra across the country. These stores provide around 8000 generic drugs and surgical consumables at affordable rates.
Who can open a PM-JAY store?
Here’s the Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana eligibility.
You are an eligible applicant only if
- You are a licensed and registered healthcare professional.
- You are a licensed and registered doctor.
- You hold a B. Pharma degree or a D. Pharma diploma.
- You hire a B. Pharma degree or D. Pharma diploma holder.
How To Apply for Jan Aushadhi Kendra?
Opening a PM-Jay Kendra or store is a lucrative opportunity as you earn reasonable profits and make quality generic medicine available for all. However, you must own or have on lease a 120 sq. ft. shop space with legal documents in place.
While filling out the online form on the official Bureau of Pharma PSUs in India (BPPI) website, you will be asked to provide the pharmacist’s name.
If you belong to the SC/ST or differently abled category, upload documents stating the same as proof. After filling out the form, and uploading your documents, submit your application for approval of Pradhanmantri Aushadhi Kendra.
You can also choose to apply offline if you want to open this store. Download the application form from the official BPPI website, fill it out, attach the documentation hardcopies, and courier it to the Bureau of Pharma Public Sector Undertaking (BPPI). You can send your application to the following address:
Bureau of Pharma Public Sector Undertaking (BPPI),
8th Floor, Videocon Tower, Block E1,
Jhandewalan Extension, New Delhi – 110055
Contact number – 011-49431800
Lastly, remember that the BPPI monitors the PM-JAY centres and procures, distributes and markets affordable medicines to the stores.
Incentive for opening PM-JAY Kendra
Opening a PM-JAY is a very attractive business opportunity. That’s because, in addition to making reasonable earnings, you would be helping to change India’s healthcare systems.
The monetary incentives given to Jan Aushadhi Kendra operators are as follows:
- If you’re a PM-JAY retailer, you’ll get a 20% margin on the MRP of each generic drug. And if you’re a distributor, you’ll get a 10% margin.
- If your PM-JAY store is linked to the BPPI systems, you can earn up to Rs. 2.5 lakhs in annual incentives. This is decided at 15% of your Kendra’s monthly sales, up to a maximum of Rs. 10,000. This is increased to Rs. 15,000 for north-eastern states, Naxal-affected areas, and tribal areas.
- Operators of PM-JAY Kendras who are SC/ST candidates or differently-abled would be supplied medications worth Rs. 50,000 in advance.
- The store operator would be paid Rs. 1 lakh for furniture and fittings and Rs. 50,000 for computer, printer, and internet.
- Expired drugs will be reimbursed at 2% of total sales or actual loss. Also, expired drugs will be deemed a loss for BPPI, not the retailer or distributor. And it will be given a 30-day free-credit term against a post-dated check.
As a result, on monthly sales of Rs. 1 lakh, you can earn a commission of Rs. 20,000 and an incentive of Rs. 10,000 as a retailer. Furthermore, BPPI reimburses the startup costs to an extent.
To sum up
Are you a doctor or a medical professional who intends to open a Jan Ausadhi Kendra but are falling short on funds? You can apply for personal finance to cover the application fees, shop purchasing or leasing costs, and staffing expenses.
This loan can cover all your store opening expenses – from property registration to procurement to staffing. As long as you have a credible lender who extends flexible repayment terms on a personal loan for medical professionals, you’re good to go.
Are you looking for a trustworthy lending institution offering competitive interest rates, hassle-free processing, and speedy fund disbursal? If so, turn to Tata Capital. We provide collateral-free personal finance with attractive ROIs, flexible repayment tenures, and relaxed personal loan eligibility criteria.
Use a personal loan EMI calculator to compute your monthly instalments along with your overall interest payable. Plan your repayment costs in advance.
To know more about our personal finance offerings, reach out to us and open your PM-JAY store today!