Women have been managing their careers and homes for a long time. With rising inspiration and motivation, thanks to women empowerment, more and more women are venturing into a world where they demand equal respect and opportunity. Financial independence has also been chiefly instrumental in ensuring the upliftment of women.
As women entrepreneurs explore greater avenues and take charge of their careers, they require robust financial backing, for which they need to secure a personal loan. Such a need could arise for personal or professional reasons as well. Women may require personal loans for further education, to fund their weddings, make expensive purchases, etc.
To help women meet their financial requirements without difficulties, several banks and financial institutions have come up with personal loans exclusively for working women. These specially curated and customised loans help women meet short- and long-term financial goals.
What are personal loans for working women?
Personal loans for working women are unsecured loans offered to women at low-interest rates. The EMI is lesser than other types of loans. Businesswomen and salaried women can apply for this loan. In case a housewife wants to apply, she should get a co-applicant with a stable income to establish the repayment capacity.
One such place where personal loans for working women can be applied is Tata Capital. The name ‘Tata’ says it all, a trustworthy brand with years of experience and unmatched services. We shall talk about “why Tata Capital” is the best place for working women to take a personal loan.
Features of personal loans for working women by Tata Capital
- The rate of interest is lower than their competitors. They do not differentiate between customers. Be it a working lady or a housewife, the interest rate is the same.
- No pre-closure charges after six months. A number of banks and financial institutions burden the applicant by charging them extra fees if they want to repay the loan before the term ends. Loans from Tata Capital do not have such a policy. After six months, the loan can be closed without any interest being charged.
- No collateral is required since it is an unsecured loan. Thus, there’s no need to keep anything as collateral to avail of this loan. The only requirement is a strong credit score.
- The repayment terms are highly flexible. The tenure for such a loan can be anywhere up to 6 years which the applicant decides.
- Overdraft facility is available for working woman or homemaker taking this loan. In the initial two years, only the interest component needs to be paid. After this, the total sum, which is the principal amount with interest, can be paid for 4 to 5 years. It has been designed to lower the initial burden of repaying the loan.
- Once the loan is approved, it takes only a few hours for the money to be deposited in your account. Their team of experts ensures quick disbursal of funds.
Minimum documentation is required for personal loan for working women.
For salaried women
- Photo ID for which the applicant can submit a PAN card, Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, or Voter ID.
- Salary slip for the last 3 months.
- Bank statement for the last six months.
- Address proof for which the applicant can submit rent agreement, Aadhaar card, PAN card, electricity bill, etc.
- Employment certificate
For self-employed women
- Photo ID proof for which the applicant can submit PAN card, Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, or Voter ID.
- Income proof
- Address proof for which applicant can submit rent agreement, Aadhaar card, PAN card, electricity bill, etc.
Eligibility criteria for a personal loan for working women
- Applicant must be between 22 and 58 years of age
- Should have documented monthly income of Rs 15,000
- Should have at least 1 year of work experience
- If the applicant is a housewife, the co-applicant should be able to fulfil the above criteria.
Process of applying for a personal loan for working women
- Online application – One of the easiest processes – Visit the Tata Capital website and fill out the personal loan for working women form. Submit this form digitally and all the necessary documents and click on submit.
- On a call – Dial their toll-free number between Monday to Saturday, 9 am to 8 pm, and their experts will be ready to help you.
- Physically meeting – If you personally want to meet their expert, feel free enough to visit their nearest branch.
- Virtual assistance – You can get loan-related queries answered with their 24×7 virtual assistant ‘TIA’.
Things to keep in mind while opting for a personal loan for working women
- Ensure that the EMI value does not exceed 40% of the monthly income. One can exceed the loan tenure by reducing the EMI burden and increasing the interest.
- Be cautious about how the loan amount is spent. It is not advised to take a loan higher than the amount needed, even if one is eligible for a higher amount.
- If the borrower has enough bandwidth, it is beneficial to try and repay a higher EMI every month to pre-close the loan before the tenure. This boosts the credit score and helps save interest charges. However, opt for this partial repayment only after the lock-in period ends. If the loan is pre-closed in part during this period, it might attract reclosure charges.
Opting for a personal loan for any individual could be stressful, especially because the need for a loan arises due to a financial crunch. Tata Capital ensures that this process is as smooth as possible.
Tata Capital’s personal loan for working women is an attempt to encourage women to be financially independent without relying on anyone else to secure funds. Shine on, ladies!