Today, everything has become digital and much more easily accessible to people. Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has also taken several measures to simplify its services and make easy PF/ EPF transfers online. Yes, you heard it right! EPFO now gives the option to transfer the provident fund by using PF transfer online process.
With this new provision, you can easily transfer PF online by following some easy steps. This method saves a lot of time and effort and makes the entire EPF transfer process hassle-free.
To do your PF transfer online, there are some eligibility conditions to fulfil. Let’s talk about the requirements needed for a smooth EPF transfer process.
- The employee must have an activated UAN on the EPFO portal.
- A verified mobile number is used for activation.
- Lender account details such as IFSC code and account number must be verified by the employer at the time of making EPF transfer requests.
- Aadhaar number to be linked with UAN
- The Date of Joining (DOJ) and Date of Exit (DOE) must be recorded on the portal.
- Mention the reason for leaving the job
- One accepted transfer request against one member’s ID
By fulfilling these eligibility conditions, you can easily make your PF transfer online. This way, people can transfer their funds from the comfort of their homes.
How to transfer PF online
If you are wondering how to transfer EPF online, here are some easy steps. By following this simple PF transfer online process, you can set up a transfer request online and get your PF amount.
- Start by logging into your EPF account by entering the UAN and password.
- Next, search the ‘Online Services’ section and click on the ‘One Member – One EPF Account (Transfer Request) option.
- Verify all your data along with your PF account details.
- For the next step, click on ‘Get details’ to view the PF account details of your last employment.
- Choose either your previous or present employer to attest to the claim form. Further, you will need to provide your Member ID or UAN.
- Next, to receive the OTP on your registered mobile number, click on the ‘Get OTP’ option. Enter the OTP in the required field and hit the ‘Submit’ option.
- An online filled-in PF transfer request form will be generated. You need to self-attest and submit it in PDF format to the employer.
- The employer will also get an online notification regarding the transfer request.
- The employer will then approve the EPF request online. After making the approval, your PF amount will be credited to your lender account.
- You can also download a tracking ID to keep a check on your online application.
So, this was a quick guide on how to transfer PF online. By following these easy steps, you can easily make your PF transfer online and save a lot of extra time.
Important documents required for EPF transfer
Now that you know how to transfer PF online, it’s time to find out what documents you will need to ease the process. Mentioned below are all the necessary documents that are required for the PF transfer online process.
- Identity Proof (Aadhaar, PAN, or Driving Licence)
- Revised Form 13
- Universal Application Number (UAN)
- Establishment Number
- Employer’s details (must be your current employer)
- Financial institution details
- PF account details (both for old and current accounts)
How to check PF transfer status
The first way to check your PF transfer online is using the ‘Member Claim’ status link. Here are the steps.
- Go to the EPFO member portal and visit the employee’s page there.
- Under the Services section, you must click on the ‘Know your Claim Status’ option.
- Enter your UAN number and captcha to log into your account.
- After logging in, you will be required to select the Member ID. The ID should be of that particular account for which you wish to check the status.
- Click on the ‘View your Claim Status’ option.
- The screen will display your online PF transfer status.
Another method to track your transfer PF status is to check directly from the website.
- Visit the official website
- Select the option, ‘Click here for knowing your claim status.’
- Next, you will be required to select the state where your PF office is situated
- Select your regional office from the dropdown list
- After entering the details, your region and office code will be automatically filled
- Fill out the ‘Establishment Code’ (if any)
- Enter your account number
- Finally, click on ‘Submit.’
- Your status will appear on the screen
Wrapping it up
PF is a long-term fixed investment that is relatively free of market risks. There are numerous benefits of EPF transfer online. That is why it is recommended to transfer the PF amount instead of withdrawing it. When you transfer the PF amount and maintain it for 5 years, no taxes are imposed on the withdrawal. Also, EPFO offers compound interest to its members on their savings. Hence, maintaining a PF account is beneficial. You can enjoy a substantial interest income.
With such simple steps, you can easily do your EPF transfer online/ PF transfer online and check your transfer PF status as well. By giving the facility of online transfer, EPFO has made things easier for its users. Make your PF transfer today by following this simple procedure and save yourself extra time and effort. Know more on the Tata Capital’s Moneyfy App!