Chennai is one of the most bustling metropolises in India. If you are looking to buy a house in the South of India, there is likely no better option than Chennai. Because it is constantly developing and even multinational companies are establishing their stronghold here, new housing projects spring up in this city almost every day, and most of them tend to be suited to the modern buyer. However, before you make a purchase, there are a few things you should consider.
Are you a married couple with no kids? Or are you a joint family bursting at the seams? In any case, it is important to know what your requirements are for a house based on your situation in life. These requirements may include:
- The size of the house
- The type of house – apartment or villa
- The number of bedrooms and bathrooms
Apart from these considerations, you should also keep in mind that Chennai gets very hot in the summer, so you should have a window or other space available to install an AC or a cooler.
The safety of a locality is many people’s prime concern when buying property, especially if they have kids. Another concern may be affordability or availability of jobs. Based on these factors, a few good localities to buy a house in Chennai include:
- Chengalpattu, mainly known for its affordable prices, easing any worries about housing finance.
- Avadi, one of the most popular suburbs and home to an upcoming IT park which is estimated to create over 30,000 jobs.
- Kolathur, containing 2 IT parks and close accessibility to the international airport.
- Sholinganallur, surrounded by IT suburbs like Perungudi, Siruseri, and Taramani.
- Villivakkam, lying close to the Centre of Chennai and surrounded by commercial areas like Padi and Ambattur.
Since Chennai is a metro city, connectivity to metro stations affords a lot of convenience to residents. Most major localities have good connectivity to the city’s metro line, while Villivakkam and Sholinganallur are closer to the railway station and the airport.
Facilities like markets, schools, and hospitals are abundantly available in Chennai and it should not be a hassle to find houses close to them. However, buying a house on the outskirts of the city might end up being a disadvantage.
The Builder’s Reputation
Since Chennai houses a huge number of IT parks and firms, many builders tend to be fresh graduates and may not have much experience yet, so you may want to inspect properties from a new builder more thoroughly than those from an experienced builder.
At least when it comes to affordability, Tata Capital’s home loan in Chennai takes that burden off your head. With flexible home loan eligibility criteria and multiple repayment methods, Tata Capital loans start at the low home loan interest rates of just 6.70%! No house in Chennai is far from your grasp – apply for a housing loan today!