As urban areas experience a rapidly increasing population and deteriorating living conditions, governments and policymakers are looking towards technology for solutions. Smart cities are now gaining emergence, promising to improve liveability by solving the problems of poor maintenance, planning, transportation, et al. Naturally, they offer a superior alternative for buying a house in. Let’s see why.
1. 24*7 Power Supply Smart cities make use of smart grid systems for assured electricity supply at all times. They also feature smart prepaid meters that help citizens keep tabs on their power consumption and monitor performance. Along with keeping a check, you can also reduce your power consumption easily by cutting the power supply off from your phone if you are not at home.
2. Full-proof Security A smart city is equipped with advanced security measures. The apartment complexes in a smart city are likely to be gated communities equipped with CCTV cameras for 24*7 surveillance. If an unauthorised vehicle is noted entering the premises, its location will be tracked, and its entry possibly barred. Hotlines, panic buttons, vehicle identification devices, etc. all are measures put in place to enhance citizens’ security.
3. Equitable Water Supply Water management in a smart city works to use water responsibly without any wastage and ensures that water is distributed equally among residents. Provisions such as smart meters are installed to detect leakages and to ensure that there is no theft of water. Rainwater harvesting is another way that smart cities ensure sustainable use of water.
4. Reduced Traffic Congestion The automated traffic signals in a smart city inform you of real-time traffic conditions and alternative travel routes to help avoid traffic congestion. With the use of monitoring devices, citizens are also notified of bus services and available parking spaces to increase the free-flowing movement of vehicles on the road.
5. Improved Infrastructure Smart cities makes use of predictive analytics technology that proactively identifies problematic areas such as potholes on roads, old bridges, cracks in buildings, etc. that need fixing. Smart sensors alert the concerned personnel about the need for maintenance before it can cause any massive infrastructure failure. This in result will save large amounts of your tax money and, also ensure your safety.
Your home is your safe haven which is why finding a suitable house in a perfect location that not only enhances liveability but also is a place of utmost comfort and peace is important. Owning a house is one of the biggest milestones in a person’s life which is why we at, Tata Capital help you in securing your dream house with our home loans. Our housing loan is the ideal solution for all your housing requirements. Our home loans are quick, easy and are available at attractive home loan interest rates. To know more about how we can help you with your housing finance, all you have to do is to learn about our home loan eligibility requirements. It is hard to ignore the kind of facilities that the smart cities offer to make your lives operate more efficiently. So with Tata Capital, when you are planning to purchase a new house, make a deliberate choice of buying a house in a smart city without worrying about your finances.