India’s state and central governments introduce housing schemes from time to time to provide affordable houses to the economically weaker sections of society. The Andhra Pradesh State Housing Corporation Limited (APSHCL) initiates these house projects in association with the state government in rural and urban areas of Andhra Pradesh. This nodal agency also administers the completion of various state and centrally sponsored housing schemes under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY).
APSHCL gives real estate developers financial and technical aid to build quality houses for economically disadvantaged citizens. It also supplies quality housing construction materials (steel, cement, etc.) and other provisions (water and electricity) at discounted market rates to lower the construction costs of houses for the developers. The primary aim is to provide decent pucca homes with basic amenities to citizens below the poverty line in Andhra Pradesh.
YSR Housing Scheme
It is a flagship housing project initiated by the APSHCL in July 2019 for low-income groups. It is one of the most extensive centrally sponsored housing programs launched by the YS Jagan Mohan Reddy government as part of the election manifesto. YSR Illa Pattalu Scheme and YSR Pedalandariki Illu Housing Scheme are the projects covered under YSR Housing Scheme.
The successful completion of the YSR Housing Scheme will give the state four new districts with new residential colonies housing nearly 1.2 crore citizens from 31 lakh financially disadvantaged families. It will create job opportunities for crafts persons under 30 categories, such as painters, plumbers, electricians, masons, and carpenters. The AP housing beneficiaries will be the eligible 1% of citizens in urban areas and 1.5% in rural areas.
In addition to quality construction, the Chief Minister has promised future residents high-standard infrastructure facilities for the best possible living conditions. He is keeping close track of the implementation and progress of the YSR project. The applicants can view the beneficiary status through the AP housing beneficiary search option available on the APSHCL official website.
Thus, YSR housing projects will increase the per capita income of Andhra Pradesh by generating employment and raising the standard of living of underprivileged citizens.
Details of YSR Jagan Housing Scheme
- YSR Housing is a 100% government-funded scheme. The AP government plans to spend Rs 50,490 crores on the construction of houses for poverty-stricken citizens of the state.
- APSHCL aims to implement the housing scheme in two phases (Phase I and II). The estimated completion year of both phases is 2023.
- The target units for each phase are around 15 lakhs in 8,798 housing colonies across thirteen districts of AP. The turnout of nearly 30 lakhs houses is expected after the completion of both Phases, spanning 68.361 acres of land.
- Phase I – The AP government spent Rs. 28,800 crores in constructing 15.6 lakh houses in 175 state assembly constituencies.
- Phase II – Construction of 15.6 lakh houses commenced on June 3, 2021. The projected outlay is Rs 22,860 crores and will get completed in 2023.
- The fund allocation for infrastructure development is nearly Rs 34,000 crores, which includes the costs of developing pothole-free roads, underground drainage, drinking water supply, electricity, security, lighting, hospitals, schools, etc.
- The square footage per unit is 340 sq. ft., and the cost of each house to the developer is Rs. 1.80 lakh.
- The CM wants the YSR housing scheme homes to look ultra-modern. The houses will be thermal technology-driven, energy-efficient, geo-tagged and well-designed with spacious bedrooms, living rooms, kitchens, verandahs, and bathrooms.
- Each house will get bulbs, tube lights, ceiling fans and a water tank.
- The proximate facilities include an Anganwadi centre, a primary school, a digital library, and a park for each YSR housing colony.
- The developers have allocated a portion of the land to build multi-facility centres, such as warehouses and cold storage (Rythu Bharosa Kendras) for farmers and set up local markets (Janata Bazaars) for people.
- The applicants will start getting the housing scheme benefits within three months of filing the application form.
The beneficiaries will be the residents of Andhra Pradesh under LIG/MIG/EWS categories. Property or title deeds will be in the name of women to give them the maximum benefit of the scheme.
The applicant must be a permanent state (Andhra Pradesh) resident and not be the owner of any piece of land or house.
Application for YSR EWS Housing Scheme
The application procedure is both offline and online.
- Interested applicants need to visit the nearest village or ward secretariat office for the physical filing of the application form.
- An online application filing option is also available with assistance from the YSR Housing Scheme staff.
- Below Poverty Line ration card
- Address Proof
- Aadhaar Card
- Recent passport-size photographs
- Bank account passbook or photocopy of bank statement with complete bank details
- Certificates to authenticate caste, domicile and income
- Mobile Number (valid and operational)
Online application process
Step 1 – Register or log in to the official website of APSHCL
Step 2 – Read the guidelines carefully, and fill in the application form with the required details
Step 3 – Upload the supporting documents
Step 4 – Submit the form
Applicants must take a print of the filled application form, as they will need it for documentation and future reference.
AP Housing Beneficiary Search
APSHCL releases the YSR housing list of selected applicants and publishes it on its website.
To search for the name of the beneficiary of the YSR housing scheme –
- Visit the official website of APSHCL.
- Click on Beneficiary Search at the bottom of the homepage.
- Enter any of the following details –
- Beneficiary ID
- UID (Aadhar Number), or
- ration card number
- Click on Search to know the beneficiary status.
To view the name and application status on the sanction list –
- Visit the official website of APSHCL.
- Click on the Scheme option in YSR Navaratnalu.
- Choose the name of the YSR Housing Scheme. A sanction list gets displayed on the computer screen.
- Applicants can search for their names in the YSR housing list by entering their details and clicking Submit. Finding their name on the sanction list will assure the acceptance of their application.
Other YSR Housing Projects
PMAY YSR Housing Schemes
The AP state government, in collaboration with the Centre government, has launched two housing schemes –
- PMAY-–YSR Urban Housing Scheme
This housing scheme primarily focuses on the poor, low and middle-income groups. The objective is to provide concrete houses to the urban population of Andhra Pradesh.
Funds Allocation –
By Centre Government – Rs. 5,000 crores
By State Government – Rs. 1,000 crores
- PMAY-YSR Gramin Housing Scheme
The AP government allots free construction land to the below-average income citizens under the PMAY housing scheme. Beneficiaries may ask for monetary compensation of Rs 1.8 lakhs to reconstruct their units per their requirements. The objective of this scheme is to progress the rural population of the state.
Jagananna House Scheme (or Jagan Housing Scheme)
It is a smart-town scheme initiated by the Government of Andhra Pradesh for the low and middle-income class citizens (having an annual income between 3 lakhs to 18 lakh). The target is to provide 150 square yards to 240 square yards of plots within a 5 km range of the Municipal Corporation. Government employees are also eligible to apply under this scheme.
Plot Eligibility for Jagananna House Scheme
3 lakh < Annual Income < 6 lakh – 150 square yard
6 lakh < Annual Income < 12 lakh – 200 square yard
12 lakh < Annual Income < 18 lakh – 240 square yard
It is the largest colony in the Jagananna house scheme, spread over 397 acres and constituting 12,301 plots. The government will rename this colony the Nagar Panchayat after the construction work is over.
In a Nutshell
YSR Jagan Housing Scheme is a housing project instigated by the Honourable Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Shri YSR Jagan Mohan Reddy. The vision is to fulfil the dreams of the landless and homeless citizens of the state of owning a house.
A financial services company within the Tata Group, Tata Capital provides financial and investment services to help people achieve their goals. Home loans are one of the offerings that provide easy and quick loans at attractive interest rates to purchase a new house.
If you are planning to buy or invest in a house under YSR Housing Scheme and are short of funds, you can avail of a Home Loan from Tata Capital. We will help you fulfil your dream of owning a house and living rent-free all your life!