To contain the spread of Coronavirus, the government had banned all domestic and international flights for several weeks. But, those restrictions are gradually being lifted now as we slowly inch towards a post-pandemic world.
Thanks to various technologies like quick thermal scanning, baggage sanitisation, and contactless security checks, passenger safety remains intact and flying a possibility. However, Governments are thinking ahead and have issued strict guidelines for air travel after lockdown. Airlines are also taking every possible measure to ensure a safe, contactless journey for passengers.
Additional Read: Quick Tips to travel safely in Post Lockdown World
Air travel Protocols
If you are travelling by air, here is everything you need to know about air travel after lockdown:
- Install the Aarogya Setu App on your phone.
- You must report to the airport 2 – 4 hours before departure so that you have ample time to go through procedures like temperature screening, self-declaration, etc.
- Web check-in is compulsory. Download and print the baggage tag beforehand and carry it with you.
- As per air travel guidelines after lockdown, airlines will not provide in-flight meals.
- Maintain social distancing at the airport, and keep your mask on at all times, even after boarding the plane and in transit.
- Only one check-in luggage and one cabin bag are allowed. Also, you will have to scan your e-boarding pass yourself.
- You can carry up to 350 ml of hand sanitiser in your cabin luggage. If you are carrying more than that, pack it in your check-in baggage.
Additional Read: Check Out The Travel Essentials You Need to Pack Post Lockdown
In addition to these guidelines, you must also know that several lending institutions are willing to offer travel loans so you don’t have to cancel plans due to fund shortage. And, you can check your monthly instalment affordability with the help of online travel loan calculators.
Luggage and web check-in guidelines issued by airlines
Information about web check-in, baggage tag, and luggage allowance for some of the most popular airlines in India have been summarized in the table below:
|Airline||Web check-in||Baggage tag||Cabin baggage||Check-in baggage|
|Air Asia||Check-in begins between 14 days to 1 hour prior to scheduled departure||Online||7 kg||15 kg|
|Air India||Check-in begins between 48 hours to 6 hours prior to scheduled departure||At the airport||7 kg||25 kg|
|GoAir||Check-in begins between 72 hours to 1 hour prior to scheduled departure||Online||7 kg||15 kg|
|IndiGo||Check-in begins between 48 hours to 60 minutes prior to scheduled departure||Online||7 kg||15 kg|
|SpiceJet||Check-in begins between 48 hours to 75 minutes prior to scheduled departure||Online||7 kg||15 kg|
|Vistara||Check-in begins between 48 hours to 2 hours prior to scheduled departure||At the airport||7 kg||15 kg|
* Please note that this table is for reference purposes only. States may issue updated guidelines, and airlines may also revise their policies. Please be sure to check these before you set out for air travel after lockdown in India.
Are you planning to cancel your vacation due to insufficient funds? You don’t have to with travel loans from Tata Capital that come at tempting travel loan interest rates! From airfares and other transportation expenses to tour packages, hotel fares, and travel gear/accessories, our personal loan for travel will cover all expenses and more.
Before applying for a tourism loan, you can also check your EMI affordability with a personal loan EMI calculator or holiday loan calculator available on our website. Visit our website for more details today