Want to study abroad? Well, then scoring good marks in TOEFL should be your priority. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is a standardised test to measure the English language ability of non-native speakers who want to get admission to English-speaking universities. Most major universities in the USA, UK, Canada, Australia accept the results of this test.
TOEFL tests only your English skills and not your knowledge of mathematical equations or reading comprehension. Nevertheless, you should prepare for TOEFL well in advance to score high marks.
Preparing for TOEFL requires consistency. You can take professional help, enrol in a coaching centre, purchase online courses, or employ a tutor. Or, you can study by yourself. No matter which option you choose, here are some tips to help you make the most of your exam preparation.
Additional Read – How to Plan for a Higher Education Abroad
How to prepare for TOEFL by taking preparation classes
Coaching centres and online study portals provide end to end services. They help you with the following:
- Understanding the syllabus
- Providing study material
- Taking classes and doubt-solving sessions
- Applying to universities
- Retaking the exam if needed
Before you choose a coaching centre, please read the reviews before enrolling. If you need funds to cover your exam preparation fees, you can consider taking a loan. You can easily check your personal loan eligibility online.
Preparing through TOEFL by self-study
If you have time, the right environment, and discipline, you can ace TOEFL by self-study. However, you will need to invest in some study material. So, you can choose any one of these:
- Video courses: Today, you can find affordable video courses for TOEFL preparation on online education sites. Pick a comprehensive course that covers the entire syllabus and is taught by a skilled teacher. On some portals, you will even find preparation courses that help you with your application, help you write college application essays and provide full lifetime access. They can be on the pricier side, so a personal loan can help.
- Reference books: Reference books are very helpful for practising important questions and understanding the exam format. Make sure you buy the latest edition and ask for the complimentary CD that has tons of resources like online tests and solution videos.
- Practice tests: Taking full-length mock tests is an excellent way to become familiar with the exam pattern and alleviate exam anxiety. Start by practising free mock tests on ETS official website. Attempt them without any distractions and note your score. By doing so, you can identify where you are lacking and improve your performance.
Additional Read – Singapore Study Visa for Indian Students
To Sum Up
Scoring high marks in TOEFL can open the doors of many prestigious universities for you and reward you with a successful career ahead.
Whether you need financial help with your preparation or studying abroad, Tata Capital is there for you. We offer education loans at attractive personal loan interest rates and flexible EMI options. You can choose an EMI within your budget using our personal loan EMI calculator and repay your loan in a hassle-free manner. To learn more, visit our website.