After the 2017 tax reform, GST registration has become compulsory for all businesses with turnover above Rs 40 lakhs, which is the threshold limit. Individuals who are registered under the Pre-GST law are also required to register for GST.
While starting a business, among other things, GST registration can seem especially daunting. However, if you know which documents are required the registration procedure becomes easier.
So, all you need for starting your business is, get a plan ready, check your business loan eligibility, avail of business finance, if needed, and proceed to GST registration.
Here is a guide for all the documents you will require for small business GST registration.
If you are the sole proprietor or owner of a small business, you will require the following documents:
- PAN Card
- Aadhar Card
- Bank account details
- Address proof
- Your photograph (in JPEG format, with maximum size – 100KB)
Additional Read: What to Change in Your Business for GST
If your business falls under the SME category and is also a partnership, the following documents are necessary:
- PAN Cards of all the partners, including the authorized signatory and the managing partner.
- A copy of the partnership deed
- Photographs of all the partners and authorized signatories (JPEG format, maximum size – 100KB)
- Address proof of all partners (Passport, Aadhar Card, Voter Identity Card, driving license, etc. will suffice)
- Bank account details
- Proof of appointment of the authorized signatory
- Aadhar card of the authorized signatory
- Registration certificate/ Board resolution of LLP (in case of LLP)
- Address proof of the principal place of business
For the bank account details, you must upload an extract of the passbook or bank statement (including the first and the last page) or a copy of a cancelled cheque. The document must be either in PDF or JPEG format with a maximum size of 100KB.
Any one of the following documents will count as your address proof:
- Municipal Khata copy
- Property tax receipt
- A copy of the electricity bill
- In the case of owned property, the ownership deed or document
If you are submitting either the Municipal Khata copy, the property tax receipt or the electricity bill copy, you must also submit the lease or rent agreement (if your property is leased or rented), or a consent letter or NOC from the owner (if the property is shared or in case of consent arrangement).
The GST registration process can be carried out online through a portal, which is maintained by the Central Government of India.
With our detailed guide of the documents required for SME GST registration, you now know exactly what you need to submit to complete this process and start your enterprise.
Additional Read: Growth Opportunities & Impact of GST on Small Businesses
Are you looking for business finance to start or expand your business? At Tata Capital, we provide loans at attractive business loan interest rates.
Our lending process is hassle-free and requires minimal paperwork. Before applying for business finance with us, you can also check your monthly instalments using the business loan EMI calculator available on your website. So, don’t wait any further! Apply for a business loan online at Tata Capital for a simple and quick approval today.