With the ‘Make in India’ and ‘Atmanirbhar’ push by the government, many institutions now offer a business loan to make your entrepreneurial dream a reality.
So, what are business loans used for? You can leverage them to buy raw materials, machinery, spend on marketing, branding, and meet several other needs of your business.
And now with the lives demanding a reshuffle, there will be many of you looking for an alternate source of income. Here are 15 most successful small business ideas you can consider that can be started with low investment but seem promising with high profit margins.
Let’s look at some such top business ideas:
- Printed t-shirts: Sell printed t-shirts inspired by pop culture, quirky designs, witty slogans, and more. You can expand into selling hoodies, phone cases, tote bag, etc.
- Handmade candles: Make scented and therapeutic candles that are always in demand. These are easy to make, and all you need is the base wax and essential oils.
- Organic soaps: Organic soaps are popular as they are devoid of any chemicals and gentle on the skin. There are government courses that teach soap-making.
- Incense sticks: Used in most religious places in India, the demand for incense sticks will never wane. You will need bamboo sticks and essential oils. You can either make them by hand or purchase a machine that costs a few thousand rupees. Apply for business loan if money becomes a constraint.
Additional Read – What is The Right Time to Get Business Loan for Funding Your Business?
- Fancy paper bags: Make eco-friendly gift bags from recycled paper. More and more people are choosing this over plastic, and they demand a premium price.
- Jewelry making: Start a small business from home, making modern wearable jewelry from silver, gold, semi-precious stones, etc. You can make custom jewelry for clients, so you don’t have to invest in an inventory. A loan for business can help you start your jewelry venture but before getting a loan you need to know your business loan eligibility, so you can get a loan approval instantly.
- Bottled chutneys and sauces: Have a family recipe of special chutneys and sauces? Bottle them and sell them under your unique brand name.
- Chocolates: Chocolate-making is easy and requires minimal investment. You can dabble with different combinations of flavors and move to decadent truffles.
- Bakery goods: Make bread, burger buns, delicious cakes, pizza bread, biscuits, and more. The trend of whole wheat and multi-grain goods is very much in vogue.
- Papad: Indians love their crunchy food. Make traditional papads or jazz it up with unique flavors. If you can deliver fresh, delicious papads, they will sell themselves
Additional Reads – How to Get Business Loan for Your Home Based Startup Business?
- Food catering: Known for your cooking skills within the family circle? Start a food catering business from your home for events. The margin in the food business is high.
- Popsicle: Make delicious fruit-based Popsicle. Try sugar-free variants, boozy ones, etc. The variety you can offer is only limited to how creative you can get.
- Ethnic food experience: Start a niche restaurant business from your home that delivers experiences unique to your culture. A pre-booked dinner of 10 people a few days a week is a good way to start.
- Tiffin service: Many office goers are always on the lookout for tasty, healthy, home-cooked meals. You can start a tiffin service to cater to them.
- Healthy desserts: People are getting increasingly health-conscious, but they still want to indulge their sweet tooth. Make desserts from ragi, wheat, jaggery, oats, etc. and your venture could be very popular.
Do any of these top business ideas appeal to you? Reach out to Tata Capital for a business loan today and let your dreams take flight.