Any sole proprietorship concern or small business in the Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector that wishes to bring legitimacy to the business or avail government-sponsored benefits must have a Udyog Aadhar. This is a 12-digit identification number provided by the Ministry of MSME on the completion of the registration formalities.
The Udyog Aadhar registration process is simple, quick and free of cost. The only way to register for the certificate is online through the Udyam Registration portal.
You need to visit the Udyog Aadhar online registration portal and fill two forms:
- Entrepreneur Memorandum-I
- Entrepreneur Memorandum-II
Documents and details required:
- Aadhaar: The proprietor or the key personnel of the business need to submit their personal Aadhaar details
- Name, address proof, contact number and e-mail of the promoter
- Category: General/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Scheduled Caste (SC)/Other Backward Castes (OBC)
- Name and address proof of the business
- Constitution of business: Private Limited Company, Co-operative, Proprietorship, Public Limited Company, Partnership Firm, Self Help Group, LLP or others
- Date of commencement and details of any previous MSME registration
- Bank details
- Number of employees
- National Industrial Classification (NIC) Code: To be selected from the National Industrial Classification handbook.
- Details of the District Industry Center (DIC)
- Total investment made towards plant, machinery and equipment
Additional Read: What Are The Benefits of Udyog Aadhar Loan?
- Log on to the Udyam Registration portal and enter your 12-digit Aadhaar and name.
- Generate and validate OTP.
- Fill the one-page registration forms mentioned above, including NIC and business details.
- If you are registering for more than one industry, you will have to make separate applications.
- Self-certify the details of the business such as tenure of existence, bank details, ownership and employment details, etc.
- Once completed, recheck the data entered to ensure there are no errors.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Submit’. Another OTP will be generated and sent on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click on ‘Submit’ to complete the application.
Once your application is accepted, you can print your Udyog Aadhar certificate. Usually, there is no need to submit any supporting documents. However, central or state authorities can request for proof of documentation; hence, you should keep them handy.
Additional Read: When is it The Right Time to Opt for Business Loan?
The Udyog Aadhar is an important document. With it, you can apply for government tenders and contracts. It also makes it much easier to avail of government subsidies and a collateral-free business loan.
Tata Capital understands the needs of small enterprises and offers collateral-free loans up to Rs 75 lakh. Whether you wish to fund your start-up, need working capital or want to buy new machinery, Tata Capital can custom build a business loan as per your requirements.
You can check your business loan eligibility in minutes. The application process is extremely easy and quick. You can even use WhatsApp to apply for a loan. Once approved, you will receive swift disbursal in your bank account. Tata Capital also lets you structure your EMI in simple and convenient terms, so you can focus on building your business without worrying about finances.