We only do what's right for you.
Praveen P Kadle
Managing Director & CEO
Praveen P Kadle is the Managing Director & CEO of Tata Capital Limited..
A graduate in Commerce & Accountancy from the Bombay University and a Chartered Accountant, Cost & Works Accountant and Company Secretary, Praveen quickly ascended up the corporate ladder. Within a short time, he assumed the post of the CEO of Garware - Wall Ropes Limited, a synthetic yarn, industrial fabric & synthetic cordage company.
However, destiny had bigger plans for him. In 1996, Tata Group welcomed him on board as the Chief Financial Officer of Tata's Joint Venture with IBM in India. Five years on, he was transferred to Tata Motors Limited as the Vice President (Finance).
From then on, Praveen's career graph surged upward, victory after victory, starting with the hugely successful turnaround of Tata Motors. He was part of the senior leadership team that managed the cross-border acquisitions like Daewoo Truck Company of S.Korea, Incat Technologies of UK and Jaguar-Land Rover of UK. Post this; he led the fundraising programme of US$ 5bn to a stupendous finish.
Seeing his potential, the group elevated Praveen to the Board of Tata Motors Limited as Executive Director - Finance and Corporate Affairs. Here, he was instrumental in the financial restructuring of the erstwhile Tata Finance Limited.
Later, he went onto establish Tata Technologies and TELCON (a Tata Motors - Hitachi JV), which have become market leaders in the engineering design space and in the construction equipment business in India.
A Board member on various Tata and non-Tata companies, Praveen offers his guidance to many industry and economic bodies, both domestic and international. Which explains why, he is on the Advisory Board of Japan¿s Institute for Indian Economic Studies (IIES) and as a member of the Advisory Board of Centre for Strategic Leadership - NUS Business School, Singapore. Apart from this, he is also actively involved with various public charitable institutions, notably as the Board Member and Honorary Treasurer of Child Rights and You (CRY).
For his outstanding contribution to Tata Motors, Praveen Kadle has been honoured with many an award, including the Country's Best Performing CFO in the Auto & Auto Ancillaries sector for 2006 by CNBC-TV18; 'The Best CFO of the year 2005' in India by Business Today; The 'CFO of the year 2004' by IMA. He was recently inducted as a founding member to the CFO Hall of Fame in India.
- We choose to put our customers' interest above ours and fulfill their needs first.
- We choose to use our expertise to get the best results for our customers.
- We choose to innovate and come up with new ways to fulfill our customers' needs.
- We choose to make promises we can keep, and keep the ones we have made.
- We choose to believe that we enrich our customers and not just make them rich.
- We choose to humble and courteous with everyone who walks through our doors.
- We choose to respect our customers and colleagues and in turn gain their respect.
- We choose to earn our stakeholders' trust and not just expect it.
- We choose to let not just our expertise but also our conscience lead us.
- We believe our choices make us who we are.
- We choose to only do what is right. And nothing less.