We only do what's right for you.
Chief Operating Officer - Retail Business & Housing Finance
Govind Sankaranarayanan is the Chief Operating Officer of Retail Business & Housing Finance, Tata Capital.
This Chemical Engineer from BITS Pilani, who holds an MBA degree in Finance from IIM-B and a Masters in Finance from the London Business School, loves to consume knowledge with the curiosity of a kid.
Though his stint at Tata Capital began in 2007, Govind's long, illustrious association with the Tata Group began way back in 1992 when he joined Tata Administrative Services (TAS). A few years later, he was appointed General Manager of Tata Industries, where he was closely associated with the creation of Tata joint ventures with Bell Canada, Jardine Matheson and the Government of Singapore, in sectors as diverse as realty, composites, automotive components and telecommunication.
Impressed by his immense capabilities, the group chose Govind for a key finance and integration role at the Tetley Group, UK, immediately after the pioneering acquisition of Tetley by Tata Tea in 2000.
Later, he went onto become the Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer of VSNL International, based in USA, where he was responsible for VSNL's overseas operations including their pathbreaking acquisitions of the TYCO Global network and Teleglobe. As a member of VSNL's global management committee he strived hard to transform the company from a monopolistic public sector organization to a competitive global telecom service provider.
At Tata Capital, he had served as the CFO and the COO of Corporate Affairs. During this stint, he played a pivotal role in establishing key functions of Financial Management, Treasury, Risk and overall Corporate Strategy.
In 1999, Govind was one of 12 managers awarded the Chevening - Leadership award of the British Foreign and Common Wealth Office. Apart from this, he is a member of the Banking & Finance Committee of Bombay Chamber of Commerce & Industry and the Economic Affairs and Accounting Standards and Private Equity Committees of the CII.
When he is not working, Govind is invited to conduct guest lectures at reputed institutions such as RBI, Deloitte Consulting, IIM - Ahmedabad, IIM - Bangalore and IIM - Kozhikode to name a few.Download Profile Back
- We choose to put our customers' interest above ours and fulfill their needs first.
- We choose to use our expertise to get the best results for our customers.
- We choose to innovate and come up with new ways to fulfill our customers' needs.
- We choose to make promises we can keep, and keep the ones we have made.
- We choose to believe that we enrich our customers and not just make them rich.
- We choose to humble and courteous with everyone who walks through our doors.
- We choose to respect our customers and colleagues and in turn gain their respect.
- We choose to earn our stakeholders' trust and not just expect it.
- We choose to let not just our expertise but also our conscience lead us.
- We believe our choices make us who we are.
- We choose to only do what is right. And nothing less.